Saturday, October 6, 2007

Bacefook

OK... Between now and the last time there have been so many things I *could* have stopped to blog about but laziness is a terrible thing and it sure does get in the way of best (and worst) laid plans. Anyhoo - that's along way to get around to saying this: Facebook - wow, what gives? I overheard two sweet little naive second year students on campus the other day discussing how they'd decided to take the moral higher ground and refuse to get a profile for fear of procrastination. If it's not TV, it's Facebook. If it's not ice and amphetemines, it's Facebook. How else are people expected to procrastinate if not with the wonders of the virtual high-school reunion? Frankly, it *is* a bit spooky. Those people from school I never spoke to, never liked, never really knew beyond recognition that their face was in the end of year photo too. Now, should we really be "friends"? I'm never going to speak to you now, just like I was never going to speak to you then. Is this just about "friend-hunting"? Like Indians and scalps? And, hey while I'm on the topic, could there possibly be a *useful* application invented, something that smooths out the wrinkly layout and poor usability issues in the Facebookiverse. Ohdearlord! My hangover is making me cranky about Facebook. This must stop NOW.

No comments: